Dermal fillers are substances used in soft tissue augmentation procedures to enhance or replace volume that is lost in any part of the skin.
What are the different types of filler? Which one is useful for me?
There is a large variety of fillers available internationally. They are chosen according to the need of an individual, depending upon requirement of its durablity in the skin.
- Temporary (Lasting for less than a year)
- Collagen based: Zyderm I & II, Cosmoderm
- Hyaluronic acid: Restylane, Perlane, Juviderm, Dermalive, Hylaform
- Autologous fat
- Semipermanent (Lasting for 1-2 years)
- Collagen based: Reviderm
- Autologous collagen
- Synthetic: Sculptra, Radiesse
- Permanent (Lasting for more than 2 years)
- Artefill, Aquamid, Polytetrafluroethylene, silicon, Bioalca
In which conditions it is useful?
It is beneficial in following conditions:
- Facial lines, deep wrinkles & folds
- Lip enhancement & plumping
- Facial deformities
- Depressed scars
- Breast, buttock augmentation
- Sunken eyes
- Ear lobe plumping
What precautions required for this procedure?
- Avoid exposure to extreme cold or heat
- Avoid massaging of treated areas and strenuous physical activity for 6 hours
- Sleep with elevated head for one night
- Pain medications may be taken, if required
- Resume skin care products after one day of procedure
- Effect lasts depending upon type of filler used
Treatment offered by Dr. K E Mukadam, MD, DVD and his team of qualified, INDIAN BOARD CERTIFIED & well trained Cosmetic – Dermatologists.
For further information, appointments & contact :-
Dr. (Ms) Pratibha Giri, Our Medical Co-ordinator at DR. MUKADAM’S LASERCURE COSMETIC SKIN & HAIR CENTRE ON :
Mobile : +91-9820102034 / 9819911933 / 9819911477 / 9833547321